Inn Operations and Marketing Services
Often it takes a fresh set of experienced eyes to see the potential for improvements to an inn’s business, marketing plans, and financial picture. Our INN TUNE-UP™ service offers a very detailed picture of the inn and its business strength and can illuminate opportunities to improve performance and growth.
- Review and recasting of financials to understand Net Operating Income (NOI), research of alternatives, and recommendations for improvement. This analysis is invaluable for those bed and breakfasts about to sell or for aspiring innkeepers investigating the sale price of a candidate inn.
- Consulting about room, kitchen and bath layouts; equipment selection; installation planning; and project management.
- Feasibility studies to determine whether your capital project will have sufficient payback or Return on Investment (ROI).
- Policy and Procedures Manual development and compilation important for training and as a service to an inn’s buyers.
- Inn “personality” and marketing niche profile review and recommendations.
- Marketing plans (and execution of the plan, if desired), including website review, resulting in guaranteed occupancy improvement.
Selling your inn within the next 5 years? This service will remove the speed bumps and roadblocks that typically slow or even trash the selling process. Services include:
- Conduct and/or manage the Inn Valuation. A FAIR MARKET selling price is critical for timely action, and our comprehensive Offering Reports are the best in the industry.
- Preparation of financial books in a standardized format with short term projections…necessary for a BUYER’s business plan.
- Identify short-term cost controls to increase Net Operating Income (NOI).
- Manage a Seller’s Inspection and compile practical repairs and buyer negotiation plans.
- Compile a complete Asset Transfer List and your Gift Certificate Log and other pre-paid services list for fair credit at the settlement table.
- Conduct a Room Readiness Plan to attractively “Stage” your inn.
- Compile or update your Inn’s Policy and Procedures Manuals (a great training tool for your buyer).
- Compile a list of Buyer’s Opportunities for facility and financial growth.
- Manage and conduct employee training for any operational improvement plans to increase NOI.
- Regulatory requirement investigation and resolution.
- Other needs suggested by the innkeeper.
Consulting Services for Real Estate Professionals
Bushnell & Bushnell Services as well as The B&B Team®, Inc. are licensed in several states providing real estate brokerage services. As we also belong to the National Association of REALTORS®, we maintain the highest standards of the Code of Ethics of that organization. We can partner with you to co-list a property or help you achieve success with your client with advice for that B&B or inn with which you are working. As your consultant, Bushnell & Bushnell Services can provide services to you and your clients that will help you achieve your goals as innkeepers. Call or email to ask how!
Scott and Marilyn are available for speaking at your association on a topic
of universal interest to the group. Give us a call!