Bed and Breakfast Business Seminars
A Better Way to Learn Innkeeping™ is a step-by-step process ensuring the dreams of an aspiring innkeeper are synchronized with the personal, financial, operational, and marketing realities of owning and operating a successful inn.
If you are serious about investigating your dream, it is imperative to go into the business with your eyes open to those decisions that are important for a successful inn and a fulfilling personal experience.
Your seminar provides a comprehensive overview of Innkeeping from Amenities to Zoning. We have several courses to meet your needs. Examples of the many essential topics we will cover are:
- Innkeeping Basics – industry statistics, trends, and background
- Building the Profile of the Inn that meets YOUR goals and needs
- The Due Diligence Process- to fully debunk the “Buyer Beware” caution
- Now that you have the profile defined, how you can find THAT inn
- Financing an Inn purchase-an important step in the discovery process
- Understanding the real VALUE of an Inn- (to NOT pay more than it is worth)
- Developing your Business Plan-for financing and as your guiding star in the future
- An Inn’s Marketing Plan is much more than a website or a brochure!
- What does the Day to Day routine of an innkeeper look like?
Linda Hayes, our newest affiliate member of The B&B Team®, offers private consulting services to current and future innkeepers to hone operational and marketing skills. This service offers a strong “next step” to future innkeepers after attending one of our A Better Way to Learn Innkeeping™ workshops or seminars, as well as offering continuing educational opportunities for current innkeepers or investors. Click Here for more information on this valuable service.
Make a Getaway Weekend Out of It!
When attending one of our workshops or seminars, we encourage you to spend the weekend at the inn and explore the area! Let us know if you would like to spend some time together discussing your plans.
August 18: One day Intensive Workshop to be held in Chadds Ford, PA. (limited to 8 attendees). Price: $199 (Single), $250 (Couple) (Dalton) Sold Out
September 8: One day Intensive Workshop to be held in Canandaigua, NY. (limited to 8 attendees). Price: $199 (Single), $250 (Couple) (Dalton) Sold Out
September 15: One & 1/2 day Comprehensive Workshop in Denver, Colorado. Price: $185 (Single), $235 (Couple) (Scherman & Wolf) Register Now!
October 13: One day Intensive Workshop to be held in Essex, CT. (limited to 8 attendees). Price: $199 (Single), $250 (Couple) (Dalton) Register Now!
October 27: One day Intensive Workshop to be held in Cooperstown, NY. (limited to 8 attendees). Price: $199 (Single), $250 (Couple) (Dalton) Register Now!
November 1-4: Future Innkeeper Hands-On Workshop to be held in Mills River, NC. (Hayes) (Previous Workshop or Seminar pre-requisite)
Price: $900 (Single), $1350 (Couple) Sold Out
November 2-4: Weekend Comprehensive Seminar in Kennebunkport, ME. Price: $375 (single), $495 (couple). (Wolf & Wolf) Register Now!
November 17: One day Intensive Workshop to be held in Carlisle, PA. (limited to 8 attendees). Price: $199 (Single), $250 (Couple) (Dalton) Register Now!
Fee Schedule and Details:
The all-inclusive weekend seminar package including the instructional sessions, ~170 page workbook, consultation personalized to your situation, all meals and breaks, and wine and cheese networking gathering is only $495.00 for a couple or $375.00 for one attendee. As a guest of the B&B Team, for the Weekend seminar, you will enjoy a fun and casual dinner on Friday, our first evening together. Then on Saturday night the B&B Team will host a more upscale yet relaxed affair, featuring a wine and cheese gathering to meet other real innkeepers. Plus we provide your lunch on Saturday. The one-day Workshop includes lunch and breaks. Our one-day Comprehensive Workshops are $175 for two people or $125 for a single attendee.
Lodging (which includes breakfasts) to be booked separately with the Inn. Preferred rates have been arranged for seminar attendees.
Upon confirmation of your seminar registration we will provide you with information to make your lodging reservations. For the 3 day seminars, attendees should plan on checking in about 3:00 pm, as the first Session will begin at 3:30 pm Friday. You can plan on departing about noon on Sunday. For the one-day comprehensive Workshops, instruction begins at 8:30 am for a busy and full day, finishing up at about 5 pm.
- Full Deposit is due at time of Registration
- Need to cancel? Your full deposit will be returned if cancelled prior to 30 days before session. The deposit is non-refundable if canceled within 30 days of session, but you will be credited for a registration at a future workshop.
- A confirmation packet will be mailed to you with preliminary information and worksheets.